The University of South Alabama will most likely not be in NCAA Football 13 during the school’s debut year in major college football, all because of EA Sports.
Due to the controversy, it is predicted that EA Sports will go all out to give South Alabama a red carpet major-college treatment in NCAA Football 14 next year. In addition, a letter from USA’s athletics department to EA Tiburon has been revealed:
1. During one of the games this upcoming year, EA Sports will videotape the team and cheerleader run-out onto the field at the start of a game so that we can try and replicate the run out and make it as realistic as possible.
2. EA Sports will perform a crowd recording of a South Alabama game this year and use that recording to replicate the stadium sound effects and crowd chants in the game.
3. EA Sports also wants to work closely with the South Alabama athletic department in developing the South Alabama team introductions that ESPN announcers Brad Nessler, Rece Davis and Kirk Herbstreit will talk about at the start of each game.
4. EA Sports will be adding the South Alabama mascot “South Paw” into the game so South Paw will be on the sidelines during games and also be included in the “Mascot Mash-Up” game mode.
5. EA Sports wants to meet with the South Alabama football coaches to replicate the South Alabama playbook and make it as realistic as possible to what the team uses during the 2014 season.
6. EA Sports is already looking into licensing the rights to use Ladd Peebles Stadium so EA can perform a “Stadium Scan” of the stadium and get the most authentic South Alabama stadium possible into the 2014 NCAA Football game.